Monday, July 25, 2016

Male Comedian Monday: Heywood Banks



The first time I learned about the comedy of Heywood Banks was back in fall of 2007, when my community theater began preparations for their 2008 production of "Swamp Opera ," a musical based on the poem "Froggy Went A-Courting." The composer of said musical was the man pictured above, Heywood Banks. I never actually met him, but I did see him at the movie theater once. That was kind of exciting. 

Fast forward to a few years ago when I really got into stand up comedy. I remembered Mr. Banks and gave him a youtube search. I was not disappointed. I love this guy! He is hysterical! Heywood Banks is not your traditional stand up comedian. He sings his comedy. I could listen to him all day. 

Never Trust A Puppet is probably my favorite of his songs. I swear it gets funnier every time I listen to it. I am usually reduced to tears. 
Bed, Bath, & Beyond I find this song so amusing and true to life, except for that one boyfriend I had who was way more domesticated than I am. 
The Yoga Song I actually just heard this one for the first time, but I love it. I do quite a bit of yoga and this is so relatable and hilarious!
Here's Heywood Banks' Website

No comments:

Post a Comment